This workshop will explore the topic of dogs and babies! A new baby can bring sometimes challenging conversations about the dog’s real abilities to cope with stressors that accompany an addition to the family. Luckily, we can help most families foresee issues, plan ahead, and structure their space in a way to accommodate those changes. Let’s help our clients set the stage and train their dogs key behaviors for a successful life with baby!
In this workshop, you will learn a specific set of skills to help new families navigate this exciting yet challenging time in their lives.
Suggested prerequisites: Canine Communication – Reading Dog Body Language, Settle and Stay – for the Cafe!
- Preparing for the new arrival: new routines to put in place before the baby comes
- Helping with the house diagram
- Dog training: what to focus on for each family
- Barrier and mat training for dogs
- Baby is here! The first hard weeks and how to navigate the unexpected feelings
- When to refer cases