This workshop is all about counter surfing and a reinforcing way of training “leave it”! Let’s learn how to teach a robust alternative behavior so families can cook and enjoy their meals without a dog’s nose in their plates. You are also going to learn how to teach a leave it without conflict. There are lots of ways of teaching “leave it,” and this workshop is going to deepen the understanding of the presence of food as a cue that can be reinforced.
This workshop will include the opportunity for video submissions.
- How to talk to clients about labeling their dogs as “good” or “bad” around food
- Nuts and bolts: creating clarity about how to access food first without frustration
- It’s not about LEAVE IT, it’s about when and how to TAKE IT!
- Default alternative behaviors to counter surfing
- Food presence as cues for the behavior you want