Can You Handle It? Preparing for Grooming and Vet Visits
- To introduce physical handling to dogs in an effective and respectful manner.
- To establish in dogs a strong positive conditioned emotional response to being touched and handled.
- To help students understand the importance and value of cooperation and consent over coercion and force.
- The power of classical conditioning
- Being still and waiting
- Introducing touch and handling
- Preparing for common procedures, at home and at the vet
Section 4: Foundation Training for Pet Dogs
Scheduled to run
August 4, 2019
Deb Jones PhD
Approved IAABC CEUs
Approved CCPDT CEUs
2 for behavior consultants