This workshop will give trainers tips to decrease fence fighting between neighboring dogs and when walking by fenced dogs. You will learn management strategies to prevent fence fighting, training techniques to reduce barrier frustration and ideas for collaborating with your neighbors regarding fence fighting.
- How to best design your yard to set your dog up for success.
- Explanation and demonstration of several training exercises for your clients and their dogs to help reduce barrier frustration and increase appropriate responses to dogs behind fences.
- Strengthening your “leave it” and recall (“come”) cues to interrupt reactive behavior.
- Suggestions for building a positive relationship between neighborhood dogs away from the yard.
- How to approach your human neighbors in a non-confrontational way and suggestions for working together to reduce fence fighting.